19-21 February 2019 Alte Kongresshalle, Munich, Germany
Big Data from Space refers to the massive spatio-temporal Earth and Space observation data collected by a variety of sensors.
This domain is development with numerous new initiatives and breakthroughs from intelligent sensors' networks to data science application.
The BiDS'19 Conference is co-organised by the European Space Agency (ESA), the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission, and the European Union Satellite Centre (SatCen).
The main objectives of the BiDS’19 Conference are:
- Maximise the uptake and impact of multi-source space data
- Focus on new paradigms of data intelligence addressing the entire value chain:
- data processing to extract information
- the information analysis to gather knowledge
- and knowledge transformation in value
- Promote the use of platforms and analytical methods to maximise the value extracted for scientific exploration and discovery, societal benefits, commercial exploitation and operational applications
- Bring together major European actors, including research, industry, institutions, and users, to strengthen the communication and transfer of requirements, methods and technologies
- Make solutions from R&I to operational use (exmple:for the security domain)
- Promote research and applications in innovative/disruptive data analysis methods
BiDS’19 will be hosted by the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Munich, one of the key European cities with activities focused on space and aerospace developments and applications.
More information about BiDS’19 Conference here!!